Sunday, October 15, 2006

part 2.


Winter passed and spring came, flowers blossomed and trees grew new leaves, fresh and green. A couple holding hands walked down along the row of shops, stopping and staring at every shop they passed by.
They could not be more mis-matched. Decked in designer clothings, the boy looked every bit a rich man's son while the girl was dressed in an oversized jumper - its colour faded from what might have been a vibrant pink before - and her hair hung limply down her back.
Yet they seemed happy together, holding hands, smiling at each other, stealing short kisses at every chance they get. It didn't seem to matter to either of them how people were looking, or the fact that someone from their family might see them.
Then they came to a cafe and went in laughing happily.
"One cappuccino thank you." The boy told the waiter and turned back to the girl. His clear blue-green eyes looked into her hazel brown ones as he thought of the quarrel with his parents that very morning. He knew he could not hide this anymore. He had to tell her.
"Isabella?" He called out to her.
'Hmm?"
"Are you going to be free tonight?" He asked. Isabella smiled.
" Why?" She asked, a grin trying to escape from the corner of her lips.
" I- " He paused, trying to find the correct words. "I-I thought maybe we could, ah, have dinner together tonight."
Isabella started to giggle.
"With my parents." Then her smile frozed and faded away. She searched for a clue that might give the boy away, that he was joking but she found nothing. He seemed serious.
"Are you feeling alright?" He asked, noticing the far-away look in her eyes.
"David." She muttered after a few seconds.
"Thank god you're talking. I thought for a minute you were dead or-"
"I can't do this." She cut him off. David paused for a second.
" What do you mean?" He asked her cautiously.
"I can't meet your parents." She replied softly.
"Why can't you?" He asked her, his tone demanding. "Are you hiding something from me?" Isabella turned her head away slightly, not wanting to talk anymore about the topic. David sighed and turned her head back to face his.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to speak like that. But why Isabella? Why can't you meet my parents?" He asked again, making sure this time his tone were softer. Isabella shook her head and tears coursed down her cheeks.
"No." She began. "I'm not good enough for you David. Your parents will never allow us to be together." And she put her hands to her face, her shoulders bobbing up and down to the rhythm of her sobs. David took her hand in his and wiped off her tears with his right hand.
"I decide if we are to be together. It's my life and my parents cannot decide it for me." He said firmly. Isabella shook her head and began to cry again.
"Hush, don't cry." He comforted her. "We'll find a way, together. Then we can be together forever."
Isabella stopped crying. "You sure?" She asked doubtfully.
"I'm sure." He said.
"How sure?"
"As sure as my love for you."
Isabella smiled, and moved in closer to his face.
"I love you too." She mouthed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home